4 egg whites
225g/8oz caster sugar
8 good pinches of freeze dried raspberries
8 squares of white chocolate cut into ¼s
Red food colouring
290ml/ 1/2 pt double cream
1tsp vanilla paste
Dried Rose Petals
1. Preheat the oven to 110c/225f/GM½/AGA-warming oven.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add a large spoon of sugar and whisk until thick and shiny.
Gradually whisk in the rest of the sugar, ensuring the mixture is thick and stiff between each addition.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the meringue on to the baking sheets, scatter over a pinch of dried raspberries and
using a skewer drop 5 drops of food colouring on to the meringues and marble through using a skewer.
5. Stud pieces of the chocolate over the meringues and place in the oven for 45mins to an hour, Aga
simmering oven for up to 2½ hrs until the meringues are dry and lift off the paper. Cool.
6. Whip the cream and the vanilla paste together, spoon on to the meringues and top with the fresh
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
• If you add too much sugar too quickly to the egg whites, they will go runny and liquid. Be patient and get that thick consistency.
• Don’t keep the meringues in the oven for too long or they will be dry in the middle instead of chewy.
• The meringues will keep for up to 5 days in a kilner jar or airtight box.
• Sprinkle the meringues with dried rose petals before they go into the oven, they look really beautiful.