3TBS olive oil
3 bulbs of fennel, stalks & outer leaves removed, keep fronds
1 small head of broccoli, broken into small florets
225g/8oz green beans, topped not tailed
4-5 spoonfuls of ricotta
30g/1oz parmesan, grated
2TBS toasted pinenuts
Aleppo Chillies, pinch
Zest of ½ lemon
½ bunch tarragon
½ bunch basil
½ clove garlic, crushed
55ml/2fl oz olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/GM6/Aga – Roasting oven.
- Shave the bottom off the fennel bulbs, slice the bulbs in half and then slice each half into 4 wedges, keeping them intact at the base.
- Toss the wedges in a bowl with 2TBS of olive oil. Spread onto a roasting tray, cover with foil and roast for 25mins. Remove the foil, add the broccoli, drizzle with a little more oil, season and roast for a further 10mins.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 4mins. Plunge into cold, iced water and leave there until completely cold. This stops the cooking and keeps the green colour. Drain and wrap in kitchen paper.
- Dressing – Whizz all of the ingredients together.
- Mix all of the vegetables together and place in a bowl. Drizzle over the herb dressing. Spoon on ricotta, sprinkle over the parmesan, pinenuts, Aleppo chillies and lemon zest. Top with the fennel fronds. Serve!
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- The Broccoli should still have a bit of bite as it gives texture to the dish.
- This is fantastic with the salmon recipe too.