1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
2tsp Maldon sea salt
½ bunch of coriander
½ bunch of mint
½ bunch of flat leaf parsley
1tsp sweet paprika
1 cloves of garlic, skin on
Zest of 1 orange
1½ tsp red wine vinegar
110ml/4fl oz olive oil
Cauliflower Rice & Chickpeas
1 large cauliflower, stalk removed
2 tins of chickpeas, drained
2TBS olive oil
Flat leaf parsley leaves
1 chilli, finely sliced
55g/2oz pinenuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/GM6/AGA – Roasting oven.
- For the cauliflower rice & chickpeas – break half of the cauliflower up into little florets, place on a baking sheet along with the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Season and place in the oven to roast for 10mins.
- Roughly chop the remainder of the cauliflower and place in the the magimix. Whizz into very small pieces. Set aside.
- Dry fry the cumin and fennel seeds in a frying pan over a medium heat until lightly toasted. Grind in a spice grinder or pestle and mortar with the Maldon sea salt.
- Put the herbs into the magimix and “pulse” until quite fine. Squeeze the garlic from its’ skin and add it, along with the rest of the ingredients except the oil and “pulse” again. Season.
- Then slowly, add enough oil to make into a pesto like consistency.
- Mix the roasted cauliflower, cauliflower rice and chickpeas with the dressing. Scatter over the parsley leaves, chilli and pinenuts. Serve.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
This salad can be completely made hours in advance, just toss well before serving.
Serve with fillets of salmon or panfried chicken breasts.
Mix in more red wine vinegar if you like more of a punch.