Simple yet delicious, flatbreads that can be ready in half an hour. They’re great with dips, soups and dishes with lots of sauce. They’re beautiful made into mini pizzas, topped with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil. Or perhaps you could try smoked salmon, fresh dill and creme fraiche. Ideal for breakfast, lunch or supper.
Hello there! Thought you might like a recipe for these quick and easy basil and parmesan flatbreads. No kneading required, just mix all of the ingredients together, roll out and cook.moked salmon, fresh dill and creme fraiche or make them into mini pizzas with rich tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh basil.
Parmesan & Basil Garlic Breads
- 340g/ 12oz plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 150ml/ 5fl oz Yeo Valley Natural Yoghurt
- 150ml/ ¼pt water
- 110g/ 4oz butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 30g/ 1oz parmesan grated
- Shredded basil
- Melt the butter and garlic together in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside whilst you make the breads.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Pour in the yoghurt and water. Mix everything together to soft dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour, then tip the dough onto it.
- Knead for a minute, just to bring it together and divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into 15cm/6” rounds using a rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan on a high heat. Once hot, cook the breads for 2-3mins on each side. Make sure they get nicely charred. Use tongs to turn them.
- Once all of the breads are cooked, place them on a board or baking sheet. Brush with the garlic butter, sprinkle with the parmesan and basil. Serve!