340g/12oz plain flour
3tsp baking powder
150ml/5fl oz Yeo Valley Natural Yoghurt
150ml/ ¼pt water
3 cloves garlic, crushed
30g/1oz parmesan, grated
- For the garlic butter – put both the butter and the garlic into a saucepan. Melt gently and leave to one side to infuse.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Pour in the yoghurt and water. Mix everything together to soft but not too sticky dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface cut into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a 15cm/6” circle.
- Heat a frying pan and brush with a little oil. Cook the breads off one at a time, 2-3mins each side. Alternatively place straight onto the Aga simmering plate and bake them.
- When browned and baked, place on a board or baking sheet, brush with the garlic butter, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and basil. Serve!
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- These can be made a few hours in advance, layer on top of eachother, wrap in baking parchment and tin foil. To reheat, just place the foil package in a warming oven or on the back of the Aga or on the side of a BBQ.
- Make into mini pizzas with a tomato sauce and your favourite toppings.