1 large onion
2TBS olive oil
3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
140g/5oz wild garlic leaves
55g/2oz young nettle tops
1 litre/2 pts of vegetable stock
Yeo Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
Grating of parmesan
1. Wash the wild garlic leaves and nettles thoroughly.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan and soften the onion and celery for 5mins.
3. Add the potatoes and seasoning. Cook gently for 10mins then add garlic leaves, nettle tops and stock.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5min or until the potatoes are completely soft.
5. Liquidize the soup in a blender, check the seasoning, return to a clean pan to reheat before serving.
6. Pour the soup into a tureen or individual bowls and drop little spoonfuls of the yoghurt in, then sprinkle
with the chilli flakes and grate over some parmesan. Serve.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
• Always wear gloves when picking nettles.
• It’s really important to only use young nettle tops, no stalks, just the little sprigs, anything
bigger is coarse and a bad texture.