225g/8oz tenderstem broccoli
1 red onion, finely chopped
2TBS olive oil
2 spring onions, finely sliced
170g/6oz Red Camargue & Wild Rice, cooked
55g/2oz pecans, roasted & roughly chopped
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
zest of 1 lemon
2TBS sherry vinegar
6TBS olive oil
2tsp Dijon mustard
- Cut the ends off the tenderstem broccoli and break the ends off the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, peel some of their stalks to make them thinner, they then won’t be so tough.
- Bring some water to the boil and put the tenderstem broccoli in. Boil for 2 mins and then add the asparagus, boil for a further 2 mins or until just tender.
- Pour into a colander and refresh under cold water straight away. When completely cold, wrap in kitchen roll and set aside.
- Slice the spring onions on the diagonal and mix with the onion.
- Gremolata Dressing – roughly chop the parsley, mix all of the ingredients together and season.
- Gently mix all of the salad ingredients & dressing together. Serve with lemongrass and coriander chilli chicken.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water, put 3 times as much water into the pan as rice, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30-35mins or until cooked.
- Chargrill asparagus, add broad beans or finely sliced celery and mix in any herbs of your choice. Serve with chicken, fish or beef.
- The whole salad can be prepped the day before, keeping all components separate. Do not dress until just before serving.