8 chicken thigh fillets, sliced into 2 ½ cm/1” slices
16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for a few hours or prevent burning
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
2tsp curry powder
1tsp garam masala
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2TBS mango chutney
Mango-Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
8TBS Yeo Valley Greek Style yoghurt
1TBS Geeta’s Mango Chutney
1 handful of coriander, roughly chopped
1 handful of mint, roughly chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
2TBS olive oil
Ground black pepper
1. For the chicken – in a bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together, then pour into a freezer bag. Soak some skewers
2. Add the chicken slices to the bag and massage all of the flavours into them. Marinade in the fridge for an hour.
3. Dipping sauce – mix all of the ingredients together, clingfilm and place in the fridge until ready for service.
4. Thread pieces of chicken onto the skewers, season and cook in the griddle pan/frying pan for 2mins each side to get colour and then cook in the oven for 5mins to cook though.
5. Serve with the dipping sauce and garnish with some coriander leaves.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
• This could easily be served as a main course, using chicken breasts, brown off and then place in the oven for 7-10mins or until cooked through.
• I use “Geeta’s” mango chutney as it has a really good balance of sweet and spicy.
• This is a great recipe for the barbeque but you may want to use metal skewers!
• You could add some chilli flakes to the dipping sauce if you’d like it more spicy.
• The skewers can be threaded the day before, kept in their marinade in a plastic bag and massaged every so often.
• They can also be skewered, kept in their marinade and frozen if you need to.