16 chicken thighs, skin on
2 limes, cut into wedges
Dill or coriander sprigs
3 stalks of lemongrass, outer bark taken off, the rest roughly chopped
1 small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
3TBS sweet chilli sauce
1TBS soft brown sugar
6 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed and leaf torn
1 thumb of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
4TBS light soy sauce
1TBS rice vinegar
2TBS olive oil
1. Prepare the BBQ or preheat the oven to 200c/400f/GM6/AGA – roasting oven.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
3. Put all of the marinade ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
4. Pour into a plastic bag and add the chicken wing pieces. Massage really well and place in the fridge for up to 30mins or overnight.
5. Lift the chicken wings out of the marinade and place on the tray, spaced well apart. Place in the oven for 15mins, then turn over the wings and place back into the oven for a further 15mins until cooked through and really nicely browned.
6. Serve with the limes.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
• Always marinate overnight if you can but allow at least 30mins for flavours to develop.
• Anything acidic will tenderise meat, even yoghurt.
• When using leftover marinade in a sauce, boil for at least 2mins to kill the bacteria.
• This marinade works really well with chicken wings, salmon and cod.