250g/9oz Digestive biscuits
1TBS golden syrup
225g/8fl oz double cream
Juice & zest of 1 lemon
55g/2oz caster sugar
zest and juice of 3 lemons
3 eggs, beaten
110g/4oz caster sugar
8 x individual tartlet tins or 20cm/8” loose bottomed tart tin or
25cm/11cm loose bottomed rectangular tin
- Base – Whizz the biscuits in the magimix.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a large pan, add the biscuit crumbs and stir until really well combined.
- Spoon the crumb mixture into the tins and press really well around the base and sides. Place in the fridge to chill for 30mins.
- Lemon Cream – Put all of the ingredients into a large pan over a medium heat and bring slowly to the boil for 2mins. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before pouring into the biscuit cases. Place in the fridge and chill for an hour or until completely set.
- Lemon Curd – Place all of the ingredients in a large saucepan over a medium heat and when the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved, turn up the heat to medium and constantly stirring, allow the curd to thicken.
- When it coats the back of a wooden spoon, pour through a sieve and allow to cool slightly before spooning on top of the cream mixture. Blowtorch to caramelise, cover and place back into the fridge to set.
- When completely set remove from the tins and serve with the strawberries and crème fraiche.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- The tartlets can be made the day before.
- Don’t stop stirring the curd whilst it’s cooking as it will curdle and you’ll have lemon flavoured scrambled eggs.