170g/6oz chorizo, skin removed and minced in the magimix
1 jalapeno chilli, chopped
85g/3oz butter, melted and cooled
85g/3oz Yeo Valley Greek Style yoghurt
150ml/ ¼pt milk
4TBS olive oil
225g/8oz self raising flour
1½tsp baking powder
1 large tin of sweetcorn
2TBS thyme leaves, extra for sprinkling on top
55g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated mixed with
30g/1oz parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/GM6/Aga – Baking Oven, 4th set of runners down for 15-20mins, turning after10mins. Line a 12-holed muffin tin with papers.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat to get hot. Dry fry the chorizo for 2mins and then add the jalapeno, sweetcorn and thyme, cook for a further 2mins. Set aside.
- Put the cooled, melted butter, yoghurt, eggs, milk and olive oil into a jug and whisk together really well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, add some pepper, the chorizo, sweetcorn, thyme and half of the cheese. Pour in the wet ingredients and fold together very gently. Do not over mix or the muffins may end up very heavy.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin cases and sprinkle with some extra thyme leaves and cheese.
- Bake for 20mins. Serve warm.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- You can bake these in silicone muffin cases if you like.
- These can be made a day in advance and reheated gently before service.
- Add whatever you like to these, ham, different herbs, feta, halloumi…