These fairy cakes are delicious! Soft and creamy light sponge, vanilla seed buttercream and chunks of Crunchie chocolate bar drizzled with melted chocolate.
Crunchie Fairy Cakes
- food processor or electric hand whisk
- 225g 8oz unsalted butter or Stork margarine
- 225g 8oz caster sugar
- 225g 8oz self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 225g 8oz butter softened
- 500g 1lb icing sugar sifted
- 2tsp vanilla paste
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Cadburys Crunchie bars chopped into chunks
- 30g 1oz plain chocolate, melted
- 2tsp gold sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 180c/160c Fan/350f/GM4. Aga – see notes below.
- Beat your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift in your flour, add your eggs one at a time and then mix in your vanilla. extract.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between your 18 fairy case papers. Bake in your oven for 20mins.
- Once baked, take your fairy cakes out of the tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- With your butter softened to room temperature, beat with the icing sugar and vanilla paste until really well blended, smooth and delicious.
- Put a 2D piping nozzle into your piping bag and fill your piping bag with the vanilla buttercream.
- Pipe a swirl of buttercream on the top of each of your fairy cakes. Push a chunk of Crunchie bar into the middle of the buttercream. Drizzle over some melted chocolate, the crumbs of the Crunchie bar and some gold sprinkles.