4TBS crème fraiche
2 TBS Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2tsp of capers
Flat leaf parsley or coriander leaves
300g/12oz white crab meat
½ red apple, cored & finely diced
¼ thumb fresh ginger, grated
1 lime, zest & juice
½ red chilli, finely chopped
Coriander, roughly chopped
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
¼ red pepper, finely sliced
- Remoulade – Peel and coarsely grate or finely slice the celeriac into thin matchsticks. Stir in the mayo, crème fraiche, mustard, lemon juice to taste, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and capers. The consistency should be saucy, not sloppy.
- Crab – Mix the apple with the lime juice, then add all of the other ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the celeriac onto a large serving plate, scoop the avocado on top and then the crab on top of the avocado. Put some coriander or flat leaf parsley leaves on top and serve with the herbed toasts.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- The remoulade can be prepped in the morning and then assembled half an hour before you serve it.
- Serve this as a canape on spoons or crostini or as a salad starter.