255g/9oz caster sugar
1tsp vanilla paste
200g/7oz butter, melted
110g/4oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, melted
85g/3oz milk chocolate, melted
110g/4oz plain flour
30g/1oz Green & Black’s cocoa powder
5 Caramel mini Easter eggs, cut in half
5 Daim mini Easter eggs, chopped into ¼s
1 Preheat oven 170c/375/GM5/Aga baking oven.
2 Line a 10 ½” x 7” or 27cm x 17cm with baking parchment.
3 Crack the eggs into the bowl of your magmix, add the sugar and whizz for 3mins, then add the vanilla paste.
4 Add the melted butter and whizz again just to combine.
5 Sift the flour and cocoa powder together, add to the magimix and whizz.
6 Add the melted chocolate and whizz.
7 Pour into the prepared tin and dot the chocolate egg pieces all over, push them into the mixture.
8 Bake for 25mins in the oven or on the grid shelf of the floor of the baking oven of the Aga for 25mins, depending on how fudgey you like your brownies. Take them out of the oven and leave to get completely cold, cover in clingfilm and then place in the fridge overnight and slice the next day.
9 Allow to cool and then place in the fridge to get completely cold so they slice more easily. Cut as little or as big as you like. Serve.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
• If you don’t have a magimix, use an electric whisk.
• The brownies should feel slightly underdone but not wobbly when they are due to come out of the oven. As they cool they will become all fudgey and soft rather than hard and dry if you overbake them.
• I always let my brownies get completely cold before slicing. They are great made the day before and last in an airtight tin for 5 days. They also freeze beautifully.
• To eat warm, wrap in baking parchment and tinfoil, warm in the baking oven of the Aga for 5-7mins or gently reheat in the microwave.
• This is the perfect recipe to add your favourite chocolate to. I make Rolo & Munchie brownies and at Christmas when there is lots of Toblerone in our house, I make Toblerone brownies.