1 tin of lychees
2 peaches ¼ tsp black peppercorns
¼ small melon
55ml/2fl oz apple juice
Herbs & Spices
10 kaffir lime leaves or pared zest of I lime
4 stalks of lemongrass, bruised & chopped
¼ thumb of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
¼ tsp black peppercorns
½ tsp coriander seeds
2 star anise
3 large sprigs of Thai Basil
- Drain the lychees and pour the syrup into a saucepan along with the apple juice.
- Add the herbs and spices to the liquid.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2mins. Set aside to infuse until cold.
- Prepare all of the fruits, peel, core, destone and cut into bite-size pieces. Place into a serving bowl.
- Strain the spiced syrup over the fruit and leave to macerate for at least half an hour.
- Top with a dollop of Greek Yoghurt drizzled with honey. Serve!
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- This can be assembled hours before service but just add the strawberries at the end otherwise they may get too mushy.
- Make the syrup the day before and when cooled, strain and keep in a screw-top jar in the fridge.
- If you don’t want to use lychees, then use only apple juice.
- Add whatever fruits you like, I don’t add passionfruit as I don’t like the texture of the seeds.