285g/10oz stoned dates
350g/12fl oz runny honey
30ml/1fl oz maple syrup or agave
55ml/2fl oz coconut oil
255g/9oz porridge oats
110g/4oz sunflower seeds
110g/4oz pumpkins seeds
55g/2oz chia seeds
55g/2oz dessicated coconut
85g/3oz pecans, roughly chopped
55g/2oz whole almonds
85g/3oz dried apricots, roughly chopped
85g/3oz dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 160c/350c/GM4/AGA – grid shelf on floor of baking oven with cold plain shelf on the runners above.
2. Line a 22cm x 30cm baking tray with baking parchment. I always line with a large piece so it’s easier to lift the granola slab out to slice.
3. Put the dates, honey, maple syrup and coconut oil into a saucepan over a medium heat and gently simmer for 8-10mins or until the dates are really soft.
4. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
5. Puree the date mixture in a magimix or blender until really smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and mix really well. I wet my hands and squish all of the ingredients together.
6. Push the mixture into the lined tray, cover with clingfilm and roll to flatten the mixture and make it equal in thickness.
7. Bake for 35mins.
8. Remove from the oven and cool before slicing into fingers or squares and serve.