Pink Grapefruit, Lime & Peach No Churn Ice Cream
This ice cream is so easy to make and you can swap any of the alcohol for your favourites. I love citrus flavours so the pink grapefruit gin is always my base. It's very creamy, so I add lots of freshly squeezed lime juice when I serve it.
- Mixer with whisk attachment or handwhisk
- 170g/ 6oz icing sugar sifted
- 3TBS Chase Pink Grapefruit Gin
- 3TBS Peach Schnapps
- 4 limes juiced
- 1pt double cream straight from the fridge
- 2 limes zest & juice
- Mix the icing sugar, gin, schnapps and lime juice in the bowl of your mixer…or a large bowl if you're using a hand-held whisk.
- Add the cream and whisk until it forms soft, thick, pillowy peaks.
- Using a spatula, pour the mixture into a Tupperware or loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Cover and freeze for 6-8hrs.
- Squeeze lots of fresh lime juice and grate fresh lime zest over each scoop. Serve!
You could use elderflower gin, seville orange gin or rhubarb gin. I always scoop my ice creams when they are almost frozen. I place each scoop onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. It just makes service so much easier. Due to the fact that this isn’t a “real ice cream” it will melt more quickly and its texture won’t last for longer than a week so try to use it before then.