3 salmon fillets, skin on
18 shrimps, deveined
½ TBS white miso paste
Juice of 1 lime
3TBS sweet chilli sauce
3TBS soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 thumb of fresh ginger, grated
150ml/¼ pt sunflower oil
1 egg yolk
2tsp lemon juice
1 handful of dill, roughly chopped
2tsp white wine vinegar
Salad leaves to serve
- Mix the miso paste, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, mirin, garlic and ginger together. Add the salmon and prawns and marinade for 30mins.
- Heat 2TBS of oil in a pan and cook off the salmon, 2-3mins each side, lift out of the pan and set onto a plate.
- Lift the prawns out of the marinade and cook off for 2-3mins. Set aside when cooked and then reduce the remaining liquid in the pan until syrupy.
- Wasabi Mayo – Start whisking the egg yolk with some seasoning and whisk in the oil very slowly until it is thick and all of the oil is added. Add some lemon juice and vinegar until it has reached the required consistency. Mix in the wasabi and spoon into a bowl to serve.
- Place the salmon and shrimps on some salad leaves, drizzle with the reduced sauce and serve with the mayo and fresh bread.
Think Ahead & Helpful Hints
- White miso is the most versatile and mildest of miso pastes. It’s made with fermented soy beans and rice.
- The mayo can be made a few days in advance.
- Mirin is a type of rice wine vinegar, similar to sake but it has a lower alcohol content and higher sugar content. If you haven’t got it use dry sherry or rice vinegar.
- The fish can be served warm or cold.